San Jose State’s women’s water polo team has reason to celebrate as ten of their players were named Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Scholar-Athletes. Lior Ben-David, Lenny Fleming, Hannah Henry, Kiel Leggo, Ryan Luchesi, Lucy Myshevski, Miken Purdon, Bailey Stubblefield, Clarissa Wandinger, and Lauren Woolley all received recognition for their hard work on and off the pool.
Additionally, the same student-athlete was also named a Mountain Pacific Sports Federation All-Academic Scholars Athlete earlier this year. The student-athletes’ names, GPAs, class, position, and hometown are:
– Lior Ben David, 3.964, Senior Attacker, Ramot Menashe, Israel
– Lenny Fleming, 3.195, So., Walnut Creek, CA, 2MD
– Hannah Henry, 3.922, Gr., Goalie, Sokel, CA
– Kiel Leggo, 4.000, R-Fr., Utilities, Cape Town, South Africa
– Maiken Pardon, 3.770, So., Driver, Manhattan Beach, CA
– Bailey Stubblefield, 3.702, Senior Utility, Newbury Park, CA
– Clarissa Wandinger, 3.943, Gr., Driver, Fremont, CA
– Lauren Woolley, 3.471, So., Whittier, CA, 2m
These student-athletes are not only excelling in water polo, but they are also excelling in their academics with impressive GPAs. The hashtag #AllSpartans is used to recognize and celebrate the achievements of San Jose State’s student-athletes. Congratulations to these ten players for their hard work and dedication both in the pool and in the classroom.