GREENPORT — An area medical facility was evacuated Saturday after the scent of gasoline started filling the constructing.

The Effectively Now Pressing Care at 446 Fairview Avenue in Greenport was emptied in the course of the incident.

At roughly 12:47 pm, Columbia County 911 despatched the Greenport Fireplace Division to the situation after a caller reported smelling gasoline.

Greenport Fireplace Chief John Onufrichuk Jr. stated employees and sufferers had been evacuated from the corporate earlier than firefighters arrived.

Firefighters searched inside and outdoors the constructing to seek out the supply of the stench.

Mr Onufrychuk stated the issue was on the roof of the constructing.

Onufrychuk stated firefighters discovered damaged pipes in a heating unit on the roof of the neighboring Aspen Dental.

Aspen Dental was closed on the time of the incident.

Firefighters turned off the gasoline from the rooftop unit.

Onufrychuk stated constructing upkeep was notified of the state of affairs and requested the Nationwide Grid to be dispatched to the scene.

At 1:31 pm, all firefighters returned to responsibility.

As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn earnings from qualifying purchases.

By Editor

Leave a Reply