Picture: Micolette/Getty Photographs
A major care supplier backed by Walgreens has made a significant acquisition. Element is? On this week’s High Tales, we have a look at different developments equivalent to the danger of healthcare cybersecurity breaches and CDC warnings about rising respiratory infections.
For information and have tales from Jeff Lagasse, go to Healthcare Finance Information.
On this episode:
VillageMD Acquires Summit Health in Nearly $9 Billion Deal
Senator Warner Announces Healthcare Cybersecurity Policy Options
RSV surge overwhelms capacity of some hospitals and pediatrics
- The deal is valued at $8.9 billion and contains investments from the Walgreens Boots Alliance and Evernorth, the well being companies subsidiary of insurer Cigna.
- The acquisition marks a brand new transfer in Walgreens’ healthcare supply.
- Senator Mark Warner (D) of Virginia has produced a coverage doc analyzing the dangers well being care cybersecurity breaches pose to america.
- Over the previous two years, respiratory viral illness exercise has been significantly impacted by COVID-19, with different viruses circulating because of this.
- Hospitals are overwhelmed and plenty of are contemplating suspending non-urgent surgical procedures to make room for beds.
E mail the author: firstname.lastname@example.org