This Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Xfinity Series teams will have practice, qualifying, and race before the playoffs begin. The Cup Series teams will also hit the track on Friday, undergoing pre-race testing before practice and qualifying for Saturday’s round of 16 elimination race. This race marks the start of the Xfinity Series Round of 12, as Bristol has been moved to the playoffs this year by NASCAR.
The Xfinity Series team has a long history at Bristol Motor Speedway, having competed there 79 times. Over the years, 51 drivers have celebrated victory on the 0.533-mile paved track. Phil Parsons won the first race at Bristol in 1982, while Noah Gragson was the victor in last season’s race. Joe Gibbs Racing drivers have the highest number of wins at Bristol, with 13 in total. The only other drivers to have previously won Xfinity Series races at Bristol are Justin Allgaier in 2010 and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2004.
Both Sam Mayer (2020) and Chandler Smith (2021), who are currently in the playoffs, have won Truck Series races at Bristol.
As for the weather forecast, Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway is expected to have cloudy skies with a high of 78 degrees. The high temperature at the start of the Xfinity Series race will be 70 degrees, with a very low 1% chance of precipitation.
Here is the schedule for Friday, September 15th (all times Eastern Time):
– Garage opens at 9:30am
– Xfinity Series practice from 11:30am to 7:00pm
– Cup Series track activities from 2:35pm to 3:10pm
– Xfinity practice from 3:10pm to 4pm
– Xfinity qualifiers from 4:35pm to 5:20pm
– Cup practice from 5pm to 6:30pm
– Cup qualifying from 20 minutes past the hour to 6:30pm
– Xfinity Series race begins at 7:30pm, consisting of 300 laps and covering a distance of 159.9 miles.