Quarterback Tom Brady has formally retired from the NFL, and “actually” this time. Brady’s 23-year profession included seven Tremendous Bowl titles, two groups, and numerous information.
Brady was chosen by the New England Patriots from Michigan with the 199th general decide within the sixth spherical of the 2000 NFL Draft. The league has been dominated by Brady for thus lengthy that it may be laborious to recollect a world the place the No. 12 wasn’t match for the sport.
The final NFL weekend when Brady wasn’t employed by the franchise, horses and buggies have been the most well-liked modes of transportation, gentle bulbs hadn’t been invented but, and milk was nonetheless delivered weekly by truck. okay okay he is not or It is previous, however issues have modified rather a lot because it was drafted.
Wanting again on the 1999 NFL
- MVP: Kurt Warner
- Landing leaders: Washington’s Steven Davis and Colts’ Egerine James (17 touchdowns)
- Rush chief: James (1,553 yards)
- Most receiving yards: Colts’ Marvin Harrison (1,663)
- Most sacks: Kevin Carter, Rams (17)
- Key retirement bulletins: John Elway and Barry Sanders
- Rule change: Clipping on the line of scrimmage is now unlawful and a brand new on the spot replay system has been launched.
- Walter Payton dies of uncommon liver illness
- Browns come again, transfer to Cleveland Browns Stadium
- AFC East: Colts, Payments, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots
- AFC Central: Jaguars, Titans, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals.browns
- AFC West: Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers (San Diego), Raiders (Oakland), Broncos
- NFC East: Washington, Cowboys, Giants, Cardinals, Eagles
- NFC Central: Buccaneers, Vikings, Lions, Packers, Bears
- NFC West: Rams (St. Louis), Panthers, Falcons, 49ers, Saints
defending champion of the game
- Tremendous Bowl: The Rams, then in St. Louis, defeated the Tennessee Titans, 23-16, in Tremendous Bowl XXXIV on the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia on January 30, 2000. Quarterback Kurt Warner was named his MVP of the sport.
- World Sequence: Within the 1999 World Sequence, the New York Yankees defeated the Atlanta Braves, 4-0.
- Stanley Cup: The Dallas Stars are the defending champions of the Stanley Cup, profitable all of it in June 1999 towards the Buffalo Sabers.
- NBA Champions: The San Antonio Spurs led by Gregg Popovich defeated Jeff Van Gundy’s New York Knicks within the 1999 NBA Finals.
- WNBA Champions: The Houston Comets beat the New York Liberty, 2-1, within the best-of-three sequence.
Lone Star’s “Amazed” was primary in March 2000. “Say My Identify” by Future’s Little one, who disbanded after 17 years, additionally turned the highest music of the month. Emimen, DMX and Blink-182 have been a few of his prime artists of the time.
The preferred film in March 2000, simply earlier than Brady was drafted Erin Brockovich. Mission to Mars, Romeo Should Die, and Closing Vacation spot have been additionally fashionable.
hottest television exhibits
In style exhibits from the time included “Mates,” “ER,” “Everyone Loves Raymond,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” and “That ’70s Present.”
Nokia cellphones have been one of the vital fashionable gadgets of the time. It took one other yr for the iPod to be invented, and he was seven years away from seeing his first iPhone. Gameboys, Walkmans, On the spot His messengers, CD gamers turned fashionable, and Excessive Definition His televisions started to unfold into bizarre houses. USB flash drives have been invented in 2000 and changed floppy disks. It was additionally the yr digital camera telephones hit the market, however the high quality wasn’t excellent. PlayStation 2 was launched in 2000.
- The typical value of gasoline was $1.51.
- The typical value of a house in Massachusetts, the place Brady spent most of his profession, was $185,700.
- The typical new automobile value was $21,850.