Lansing – An Oakland County girl accused of posing as a board-certified therapist on the Oxford Restoration Middle in Brighton faces a variety of prices of unauthorized apply of the medical occupation, identification theft and witnessing intimidation Lawyer Normal Dana Nessel introduced immediately.

Kimberly Casey Coden-Diskin, 34, will seem earlier than Choose Shauna Murphy in Livingston County’s 53rd District Court docket following partial preliminary hearings on January 18 and February 1, 2023. was given.

Coden-Diskin is billed as follows:

  • 16 counts of unauthorized medical apply, 4 12 months felony with $5,000 positive.and
  • 2 counts of identification theft, 5 12 months felony, $25,000 positive.

The Lawyer Normal has accused Coden-Diskin of misrepresenting himself as a Board Licensed Conduct Analyst (BCBA) and utilizing false credentials to deal with a extremely weak baby identified with autism. , claiming to have labored with their dad and mom.

In 2018, Coden-Diskin took a job on the Oxford Restoration Middle in Brighton, offering companies that required licenses and certifications that she didn’t have. Moreover, Coden-Diskin has by no means been licensed by the State of Michigan as required below the Michigan Public Well being Code. She used skilled enterprise playing cards, verbal statements, and written paperwork to pose as a licensed medical skilled. She offered a school diploma she allegedly didn’t get hold of and used the accreditation variety of one other state accredited particular person to cover her lack of accreditation.

The Lawyer Normal cautions employers to take the time to assessment the licenses and certificates that job seekers have utilized for. Particularly in the case of delicate work and make contact with with weak individuals.Michigan’s Division of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs offers a free Public License Verification Website.

“Sadly, employers can’t all the time belief what candidates symbolize to them. Due diligence usually requires verification of legally required {qualifications}. mentioned Nessel. “My workplace is all the time able to intervene if a scenario arises the place somebody pretends to be a medical skilled.”

Coden-Diskin subsequent plans to carry a pretrial convention on these prices in Livingston County’s forty fourth Circuit Court docket. That date has not but been set.

Following the submitting of the unique lawsuit, Coden-Diskin was indicted on one depend of witness intimidation for her alleged communications with witnesses within the authentic lawsuit. Coden-Diskin has waived its proper to a preliminary assessment in that case.

The Lawyer Normal’s Well being Care Fraud Division (HCFD) dealt with the company’s case. HCFD is Michigan’s federally accredited Medicaid Fraud Management Unit and receives his 75% of funding from the U.S. Division of Well being and Human Companies below grants totaling $5,196,188 for fiscal 12 months 2023. The remaining 25% totaled $1,732,061. , funded by the State of Michigan.


please observe: Legal prices are mere allegations and defendants are presumed harmless until confirmed responsible. The division doesn’t present reservation images.

By Editor

Leave a Reply